This is one of the most prized (and expensive) oils in the world with recordings of use dating back 4000 years. The aroma is rich and intoxicating, used extensively by the aromatherapy and perfume industry this oil’s amazing fragrance lingers for a long time, in fact the esssential oil of Sandalwood never goes bad it gets better with age like a fine wine.
It’s aroma is sweet, woody and earthy. It gives one a deep sense of belonging, calming stress and anxiety with ease, this makes it a powerful meditative/ceremonial oil. This meditative state helps the mind gain clarity, focus, and opens the heart as well as the third eye.
All Sandalwood’s come from the Santalum family. The Santalum album (Indian Sandalwood) is considered the best of all the Sandalwoods.
- One of the most amazing anti-inflammatory’s
- Chemo protective, used as part of cancer thereapy
- Eases conditions like acne, dry skin or aging skin.
- Respiratory aid. Loosens congestion, eases a sore throat and cough.
- Long used as a meditation aid, this oil is deeply spiritual. Brings mental clarity.
- Recognized as one of the few true aphrodisiacs.
- Helps soothe tension, nervousness, depression, and hyperactivity.
The Sandalwood tree is endangered in most of it’s native growing areas in the world. Deforestation, lack of agriculturally protected areas and crime (stealing trees) is contributing to a dire outlood for this sacred tree. It takes 30 years to grow a Sandalwood tree. The whole tree must be ripped out of the ground with roots intact for steam distillation of roots and heartwood.
Our Indian Sandalwood Pure Essential Oil comes from the north of Western Australia, where Indian Sandalwood trees are sustainably grown, watered & harvested. They plant more trees than they harvest, they are community minded and over 30%of their workforce are indigenous to the region.
Love this picture of the eco farm and crew in Australia!